Newcastle-Upon-Tyne / North East England
37.5 hours per week
LOCATION: North East of England
REQUIREMENTS: On site across the NE of England
TERMS: UK right to work required (no sponsorship available)
We are recruiting for an experienced Streetworks Manager who will act as the main point of contact for Contractors and Sub-Contractors, who are installing ducts and cables across the country in support of our investment into building full-fibre networks across the UK. Your role will include taking responsibility for building a structured plan that creates and maintains effective working relationships with Local Highways Authorities across the UK; to facilitate our fibre roll-out ambitions and ensuring our performance is measured and high standards are maintained at all times.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? (not limited to)
- Managing our contractors and sub-contractors who are installing and reinstating to Fibrus specifications and ensuring feedback is provided in a timely manner into our Regional Delivery Teams for action
- Protecting the reputation and integrity of Fibrus by ensuring contractors working on our behalf are submitting and closing permits in-line with local requirements
- Dealing promptly and effectively with any escalations brought to your attention surrounding Streetworks or quality
- Building and maintaining relationships with Local Authorities where Fibrus either currently has, or is planning to have a presence in their area
- Having the ability to understand who the key stakeholders in each of our town local authorities are and proactively building and maintaining those relationships and working collaboratively with other departments in Fibrus
- The ability to successfully challenge Defects, S74 & FPN’s where applicable in order to mitigate costs
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Experience in a similar role including expertise in NRSWA and understanding of applying the regulations
- Experience of stakeholder management and engagement
- Experience with Street Manager and Section 50’s
- Knowledge of HSG 47
- Operational and industry experience within Telecoms ideally but will consider candidates from a Civil Engineering background
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
WHAT WE VALUE
Based on input from all colleagues across our business, our 4 cornerstone values are:
‘Make a Difference’– Would you like to help make that difference? As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
‘Be Yourself’– Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
‘Be Tenacious’– We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
‘Work Together’– At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
AND, JUST SOME OF WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory/bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, annual personal health “MOT” & a company pension plan
- Shared parental leave, paternity leave and enhanced maternity leave
- Annual bonus scheme & career path opportunities
- Paid support for the loss of a child
- Support for colleagues going through the menopause
- Complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free financial advice and support through Kith and Kin
- Flexible working from day one of employment including hybrid working
- Industry leading work events and colleague days
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus