37.5 hours per week
TERMS: Permanent, hybrid working
REQUIREMENTS: Travel across NI and GB as required on occasion
As an Installation Planner you will be working on new and existing design projects as Fibrus rolls out its FTTH network across Northern Ireland and Great Britain. Working with the Planning Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring our design partners produce fibre designs that are compliant with our agreed network architecture guidelines and contain the necessary detailed information to ensure build and cost accuracy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? (not limited to)
- Producing a mini-design for customer installations as and when customers request this service
- Primarily desk based using GIS tools to produce or update planned routes, but will also require some site visits if the information at the desktop is insufficient
- Phase/Commissioning/Sales hand over/Customer Service Provision to drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness with every design and build
- Production of reactive desktop designs and feasibilities to leverage new opportunities, producing construction & cabling work packages for internal and/or external teams as required
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, internally and externally (eg. local authorities) to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the infrastructure and react to any changes necessary
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Telecoms experience is essential with knowledge of the Customer Installations experience – either on the ground, at the desktop, or both!
- Knowledge of Fibre networks and their components including PIA coupled with demonstrable experience in use of a range of GIS software e.g. ESRI, QGIS, etc
- Proven ability to complete a ‘technical’ (factual) design and pack for issuing for build, able to interpret and translate a set of architectural guidelines
- Production experience of Single Line Diagram (SLD) and Fibre Allocation Sheets (FAS) splicing details
- Garden digging knowledge, new pole placements, overhead and underground drop cable installation experience, etc.
- Proven ability to carry out joint validation surveys with contractors to establish the most effective trench/fibre routes and chambers locations (based on cost, practicality and H&S etc)
- Detailed understanding of UK/NI local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works, wayleaves and streetworks
WHAT WE VALUE
Based on input from all colleagues across our business, our 4 cornerstone values are:
‘Make a Difference’– Would you like to help make that difference? As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
‘Be Yourself’– Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
‘Be Tenacious’– We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
‘Work Together’– At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
AND, JUST SOME OF WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory/bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, annual personal health “MOT” & a company contributory pension plan
- Shared parental leave, paternity leave and enhanced maternity leave
- Annual bonus scheme & career path opportunities
- Paid support for the loss of a child
- Support for colleagues going through the menopause
- Complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free financial advice and support through Kith and Kin
- Employee referrals – up to £500 per successful referral
- Employee assistance programme and access to qualified mental health first aiders
- Flexible working from day one of employment including hybrid working
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.