PR & Public Affairs Manager (fixed term)
37.5 hours per week, hybrid working
JOB TITLE: PR & Public Affairs Manager (fixed term)
TERMS: 9-12 months fixed term contract
Fibrus are seeking a forward thinking and progressive Public Relations and Affairs Manager. A new role within our organsiation, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced communications professional within a busy marketing function.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? (not limited to)
- Planning and implementation of Fibrus’ PR strategy and supporting activities through media engagement (briefings, releases, editorial, events, sponsorships etc), increasing awareness of Fibrus’ cause, products and services
- Lead specific activity streams on both a proactive and reactive basis. You will play a key role in helping to shape and execute corporate, consumer and commercial communication strategies whilst managing community engagement, sponsorship, events and awards
- Formulate advocacy plans and engagement strategies whilst managing complexity and providing insights and understanding of domestic and larger geopolitical positions, business and residential relevant policy issues to effectively solve problems and amplify opportunities
- Liaise, influence and build relationships with senior-level stakeholders, customers and partners including board members, senior level colleagues and other external groups including government representatives
- Providing regular reporting on PR activities and achievements, including progress against objectives and budget
- Identify and develop thought leadership opportunities and communication campaigns, collaborating with members of the wider Fibrus team to create a multi-channel content plan
- Management of and communication with public relations agencies within GB and Northern Ireland, working to maintain and develop existing and new media relationships whilst managing and responding appropriately to any media enquiries
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Significant experience of delivering PR and Public Affairs strategies, ideally in a technology or heavily regulated environment
- A professional qualification in Public Relations or Communications is desirable eg. CIM / CIPR or equivalent
- Strong people management skills and experience
- Ability to take ownership for delivering projects with a high degree of autonomy and manage multiple, highly complex projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to identify and promote the value of PR through reports and presentations
- Commercially minded and a strategic thinker
- Experience writing content such as press releases, awards, and campaign messaging
WHAT WE VALUE
Based on input from all colleagues across our business, our 4 cornerstone values are:
‘Make a Difference’– Would you like to help make that difference? As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
‘Be Yourself’– Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
‘Be Tenacious’– We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
‘Work Together’– At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
AND, JUST SOME OF WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory/bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, annual personal health “MOT” & a company contributory pension plan
- Shared parental leave, paternity leave and enhanced maternity leave
- Annual bonus scheme & career path opportunities
- Paid support for the loss of a child
- Support for colleagues going through the menopause
- Complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free financial advice and support through Kith and Kin
- Employee referrals – up to £500 per successful referral
- Employee assistance programme and access to qualified mental health first aiders
- Flexible working from day one of employment including hybrid working
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus