NOC Network Engineer
Belfast ( Dargan Crescent)
JOB TITLE: NOC Network Engineer
TERMS: Permanent, on site
REQUIREMENTS: Desk based role (hybrid mix of home/office); some on-call evening/weekend work
This role will see you working in the Network Operations Centre based in Belfast, you will be the Subject matter expert in the technical running of our Operations centre. You will be key to maintaining and troubleshooting to ensuring our network is the best in class.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? (not limited to)
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members. Share knowledge and best practices with the wider team to enhance overall network support capabilities.
- Vendor engagement, with Nokia and other relevant vendors to escalate critical issues, obtain technical assistance, and collaborate on problem resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including network engineers, system administrators, and vendors, to address complex network issues, implement network changes, and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide 3rd line technical support for Nokia FX equipment, including troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution of complex network issues.
- Monitor and respond to network incidents, escalations, and outages affecting Nokia FX equipment. Investigate root causes, perform impact analysis, and implement corrective actions.
- Analyse network performance data, identify areas for improvement, and implement optimization strategies to enhance network efficiency and reliability.
- Perform configuration management tasks, including software upgrades, patch management, and device configurations for Nokia FX equipment.
- Provide the lead role in Operational Network Security, including access control, network abuse and network audit management, as well as operational intrusion detection and resolution.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Strong experience in network operations, particularly with Nokia FX equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of Nokia FX hardware, software, protocols, and network architecture.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving complex network issues, using tools and techniques such as packet capture analysis, log analysis, and command-line interface (CLI) diagnostics.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools, such as SNMP-based systems or Nokia’s management platforms.
- Solid understanding of network protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, VLAN, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and QoS.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and its processes, particularly incident management, change management, and problem management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly assess and resolve network-related issues.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of multi-layered network based security is preferred
- A networking accreditation such as CCNP or JNCIP (or equivalent) is desirable
- GPON knowledge
- A customer-centric approach, taking pride in achieving the best mutual outcome for the customer and Fibrus
- Previous work experience within a regulated and audited environment
- Professional certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, or Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA) certification would be an advantage.
WHAT WE VALUE
Based on input from all colleagues across our business, our 4 cornerstone values are:
‘Make a Difference’– Would you like to help make that difference? As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
‘Be Yourself’– Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
‘Be Tenacious’– We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
‘Work Together’– At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
AND, JUST SOME OF WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory/bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, annual personal health “MOT” & a company contributory pension plan
- Shared parental leave, paternity leave and enhanced maternity leave
- Annual bonus scheme & career path opportunities
- Paid support for the loss of a child
- Support for colleagues going through the menopause
- Complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free financial advice and support through Kith and Kin
- Employee referrals – up to £500 per successful referral
- Employee assistance programme and access to qualified mental health first aiders
- Flexible working from day one of employment including hybrid working
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus