IT & Security Engineer
Belfast (Dargan Crescent, BT3)
37.5 hours per week, hybrid working
LOCATION: Belfast (Dargan Crescent, BT3)
TERMS: Hybrid working
REQUIREMENTS: UK right to work required (no sponsorship available)
The candidate will be responsible for day-to-day support of IT systems and security in line with business needs. The successful applicant will boast previous experience in providing IT & security support within a business and will demonstrate highly effective communication and organisational skills. This role is also offered to graduate students.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? (not limited to)
- The role will see you provide support for a range of IT systems in Fibrus
- You will be involved in supporting with our IT assets in the areas of licenses, configurations, reports, monitoring, security polices and tracking
- You will be assisting with implementing, assessing, and reviewing IT security controls across the organisation
- Working with third party suppliers to reach support resolutions
- Troubleshooting end user problems via telephone and email
- Resolve technical problems and escalate where appropriate
- This role offers an opportunity to work on a hybrid basis and will involve working on site in our Belfast offices
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Significant experience in a similar role, ideally gained within an internal IT and information security function
- A solid understanding of IT (hardware and software)
- A solid understanding of IT security principles and approaches – knowledge of the Telecommunications Security Act is ideal however not essential
- Ticket and fault management experience coupled with excellent customer care skills
- A problem-solving approach, taking pride in achieving the best mutual outcome for the end user and Fibrus
- IT administration, security, and back-office experience in working on Microsoft software is preferred
WHAT WE VALUE
Based on input from all colleagues across our business, our 4 cornerstone values are:
‘Make a Difference’– Would you like to help make that difference? As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
‘Be Yourself’– Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
‘Be Tenacious’– We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
‘Work Together’– At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
AND, JUST SOME OF WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory/bank holidays
- Private healthcare, life assurance, annual personal health “MOT” & a company contributory pension plan
- Shared parental leave, paternity leave and enhanced maternity leave
- Annual bonus scheme & career path opportunities
- Paid support for the loss of a child
- Support for colleagues going through the menopause
- Complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free financial advice and support through Kith and Kin
- Employee referrals – up to £500 per successful referral
- Employee assistance programme and access to qualified mental health first aiders
- Flexible working from day one of employment including hybrid working
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus