JOB TITLE: Network Engineer
JOB LOCATION: UK Wide, must be flexible to travel to Belfast for initial training period.
TERMS: UK right to work required, no sponsorship available.
This role will see you working with a team of experienced network engineers delivering key core network nodes across the UK. You will be key to maintaining and troubleshooting to ensuring our network is the best in class, working to roll out one of the most exciting projects in the telecoms industry to date.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be involved in the end to end design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the core broadband network – working closely with your team to configure, manage and trouble-shoot network related issues. This role will involve participation in the on-call support/escalation rota.
- Cabinet equipment planning and deployment
- Core network equipment maintenance and development
- Fault finding across MPLS Network
- Owning Issues from incident to RCA
- Layer2 support
- Provide the lead role in Operational Network Security, including access control, network abuse and network audit management, as well as operational intrusion detection and resolution
- Provide technical leadership to Engineering and Operations teams with regards to IP/MPLS infrastructure
- Proactively perform corrective maintenance for IP/MPLS network
- Develop automation and other internal systems and tools to assist in the care and feeding of the IP/MPLS network and integration activities
- On-call responsibilities evenings and weekends (circa one in five) with on-call paid allowances
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco routers (MX, SRX, AC)
- A solid understanding of broadband routing protocols (IPv6, MPLS etc)
- Knowledge of multi-layered network based security is preferred
- A networking accreditation such as CCNP or JNCIP (or equivalent) is desirable
- GPON knowledge would be beneficial
- A customer-centric approach, taking pride in achieving the best mutual outcome for the customer and Fibrus
- Previous experience in large network roll-outs is ideal
- Previous work experience within a regulated and audited environment
- Strong analytical skills
Is Fibrus for me?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! As award winners in Advancing Diversity in the Workplace at the 2023 Women in Business awards and having recently been awarded the Investors in People ‘We invest in People’ standard accreditation, we are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best.
Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility. We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption. As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain! We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
How to apply
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus