Switching To Fibrus
How will this affect my Sky television and other TV packages?
If your television service is provided by a separate content supplier, such as Sky, NOW, or Netflix, this should work seamlessly with Fibrus broadband. However, there is currently a known issue with the Sky Q service interfering with Wi-Fi.
SKYQ Connection issues when using eero:
Whilst most customers with eero and Sky Q will experience no issues, some customers using Sky Q mini boxes may experience a loss of connection, with an error message similar to the below.
Whilst we work with eero to fix this issue, please follow the below steps to help you get back up and running with fibrefast speeds to your Sky Q boxes.
It looks like you do not have an internet connection right now.
If you’re already set-up we’ll keep trying to connect.
GETTING BACK ONLINE
In most cases, resetting all your Sky Q boxes’ internet connection is the quickest fix for connection issues. This involves ‘power cycling’ the devices – turning them off and on again at the plug (not using the remote-control power function). After around 2 minutes, the boxes should start up and reconnect automatically.
Please note: The following steps should only be tried if the attempts to reconnect by power cycling is not successful.
If this doesn’t get you back online, please try one of the following:
DISABLE ECO MODE
Disabling eco mode will stop the Sky Q box going to sleep, and should help keep your connection stable:
- Select the Home button on your Sky Q remote
- Head to the Settings menu
- Select Preferences
- Change Standby mode to None
DISABLE 2.4GHZ WI-FI ON MINI BOXES
This will ensure your Sky Q mini boxes only connect using the 5GHz Wi-Fi, which can help keep your connection stable.
- Select the Home button on your Sky Q remote
- Head to the Settings menu, but don’t press select on the remote control.
- Enter “001” on the remote control, then press Select to display the ‘engineer menu’
- Head to the Networks tab and select 2.4GHz Wireless. Change this to off.
- Press the Back or Home button on your remote to go back to the main menu
USE ETHERNET ON YOUR SKY Q BOX
The most effective solution to keep your connection stable is to connect your Sky Q box to your eero router via an ethernet cable.
Do I need to keep my existing telephone line?
If you choose to transfer your phone number to Fibrus, it is important to keep your old telephone line active and in service while the phone number is transferred to Fibrus. This will take place approximately 14 days after your broadband line activation. Once your telephone number has transferred to Fibrus, your old line will be automatically ceased with your old telephone provider. We recommend connecting your previous provider after your number has ported to confirm the service has been cancelled.
When should I cancel my current service?
You should wait until after your Fibrus installation is complete (broadband only) to cancel your previous provider, to avoid any time without internet access. Once you have live service with us, you must contact your previous provider to cancel the service with them.
Ordering online couldn’t be easier.
- Enter your postcode into our postcode checker. This lets you know which services are available in your area.
- Select a package that best suits you. Our packages range from 100Mb to 2000Mb. Add any additional add-ons to create your perfect bundle.
- Fill in your contact information and direct debit details. Once you have signed up, you will receive two emails. One to confirm your order, and another containing your survey/installation date from one our contractors.
Why do I need to provide my bank details?
Like any broadband, mobile and telephone provider we ask you for your Direct Debit details at the point of sale. This allows us to set up your details on our system. Don’t worry you won’t be billed until your service is live.
Am I covered under The Direct Debit Guarantee?
Yes, you are fully covered under this scheme and the details are as follows. This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits. If there are any changes to the amount, date, or frequency of your Direct Debit, Fibrus Networks Limited will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Fibrus Networks Limited to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request. If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Fibrus Networks Limited or your Bank or Building Society, you’re entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your Bank or Building Society. If you receive a refund you’re not entitled to, you must pay it back when Fibrus Networks Limited asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Does Fibrus offer a 12-month contract term?
We deliver Fibrefast Full Fibre broadband right to your doorstep, and with our new eero router, you can say goodbye to buffering and hello to easy streaming with our NEW 12-month contract.
Switching is simple, and our team are here to help with buying you out of your current contract. Why not Switch today? Contact our Sales Team NI on 028 9099 3230 or GB on 080 0099 1111.
Echo Dot 5th Generation FAQs
Q. What features does the Echo Dot (5th Generation) have?
A. The Echo Dot (5th Gen) can be used as a speaker, alarm, Alexa A.I. assistant and a Wi-Fi range extender, for speeds up to 100Mbps.
Q. How will I get my Echo Dot?
A. 14 days after your service is activated, you will receive an email from Fibrus with a promotional code link. This link will take you to the Amazon App or website, to redeem your echo dot.
Q. How do I redeem my code?
A. Follow steps 1 to 6 below to redeem your code.
- Open your *Promotional code email* from Fibrus – this will be sent 14 days after your service is activated.
- Click the promotional code link in the email, to be directed to the Echo Dot (5th Gen) product page on the Amazon website.
- When clicking the link, you will be asked to sign into your Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account, you will need to set one up using the “Create your Amazon account” button.
- The promotion will be automatically added to your cart after you log in. From here you can select your desired device colour and then click “Add to Basket” (full price will appear when this is being added).
- Open your Amazon shopping cart and click “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Finally, you can proceed through the final order steps (adding your delivery address, etc.) and see the price reduced to £0.00 for your Echo Dot (5th Gen).
Q. Do Fibrus set this up for me?
A. The set up is straightforward, please follow the instructional leaflet provided in the box. The Alexa App will provide you with guidance for setting up your device.
Q. What do I need to set up my Echo Dot (5th Gen)?
A. To set up your device you will need your Alexa App on a Bluetooth enabled device (with a Wi-Fi connection), your Echo Dot and power adapter.
The general steps for set up:
- Download the Alexa App. Log in to your Amazon account or create a new one.
- Turn your device’s Bluetooth on and ensure you are connected to your Fibrus network.
- Plug your Echo Dot into a power supply.
- Follow the set-up steps in the Alexa App.
Q. How do I use my Echo Dot as a Wi-Fi extender?
A. Setting up your device as a Wi-Fi extender is easy! Once you have completed device set up via the Alexa app, open your eero app and view your connected devices. Click into your Echo Dot and toggle on “eero Built-in”. It will now appear on your Home page under your eero routers.
Q Where should I place my Echo Dot for the best results, as a Wi-Fi extender?
A. Your Echo Dot can be in the spot that best suits you. The device can cover up to 1000 Sq. Ft., supports speeds up to 100Mbps and up to 10 connected devices.
We recommend that you use your eero router (or routers) as your main Wi-Fi source, but the Echo Dot can be useful in areas where you feel you need additional support, or would like to have easy access to the device’s great features.
Q. I’m having issues with my Echo Dot, who do I contact?
A. As this is an Amazon device, for help and troubleshooting, please visit the Help and Feedback section in the Alexa App, or amazon.com/devicesupport.
Q. If my eero is providing coverage to an area and I have a compatible Echo Dot device, will eero Built-in create interference and lead to a lower quality Wi-Fi signal?
A. No. When you enable eero Built-in, eero routers intelligently detect when your eero routers are already providing great coverage at your Echo Dot device.
Q. Why does eero disable built-in on my Echo Dot device if there is already solid eero device coverage?
A. Multiple devices can cause interference and poor device performance. As eero devices generally support higher internet speeds than Echo Dot devices. The eero router prioritizes using a nearby eero router instead of a nearby Echo dot device if their coverage areas significantly overlap. eero routers intelligently detect when they are already providing great coverage and will disable eero Built-in on your Echo dot device, to ensure you have the strongest Wi-Fi signal.