Fibrus Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications provider seeking to transform the digital infrastructure of rural and regional Northern Ireland by investing more than £100m to bring full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland.
An experienced commercial lawyer, you will be the go-to legal subject matter expert, protecting our legal and commercial interests, guarding against any potential legal disputes.
The General Counsel will examine and draft IT, employment, real estate, negotiate and manage customer and vendor contracts. You will ensure legal compliance regarding telecoms law, mergers, and acquisitions (M&A) activity, employee safety and consumer protection. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
Although working closely with our executive leadership team, this is a stand-alone role.
- Ensuring that the Group applies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and monitoring anticipated developments in the law and regulation.
- Providing clear, timely, commercial legal advice to identify and manage risks and highlight legal and regulatory opportunities.
- Identifying potential legal issues and formulating solutions to achieve the company’s business objectives.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Creating new entities and managing organisation's intellectual property.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 8+ years of practice with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in private equity owned businesses
- Experience in Telco infrastructure and networks preferrable
- Managing corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
If this sounds like you, please download and fill in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, then send it to us along with your CV via the 'APPLY NOW' button below.